Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

RA hg

Customer Question

How do I get my Google bookmarks on to my iPad and iPhone?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. There is an app for iPad and iPhone that you can use to sync bookmarks. It is called GB Bookmarks. You can download it from the App Store or click here to visit the app home page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I have downloaded GB Bookmarks to iPad. But how do I import them from my PC? How do I get them to the Google page on the iPad where there is no bookmark wrench on the toolbar.
Once you launch GB Bookmarks, it will ask you to log in to your Google account. Once you have logged in, click the "Bookmarks" button, and a list of bookmarks is available for you to navigate either using the built in browser, or you can select a bookmark and touch "Safari" on the bottom of the screen to launch the page in Safari.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, your answer does not address how I get the bookmarks from the PC to the iPad.
The only other way to do it is to sync your bookmarks to Safari on your computer. If you are using a PC, you need to download iCloud Control Panel. Once you have this, you can import your Google Bookmarks to Safari using the Control Panel options under "Bookmarks". Once they are synced to Safari on your PC, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and touch your iCloud account and switch "Bookmarks" to "ON". I've attached a screenshot below:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iCloud is for : Microsoft Windows Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7
Safari 5.1.1 or Internet Explorer 8 or later
Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 . I have a PC running on XP as I originally said, so this will not work. I give up. Thanks very much but no help. I will have to get bookmarks on the iPad starting from scratch.
Yes, the only option in that case is entering manually or using GB Bookmarks to at least access them from your iPad.