Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

What is the best protection of my MacBook Pro against viru

What is the best protection of my MacBook Pro against viruses
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Nothing...As long as do regular Software Updates from Apple, you are SAFE. You don't need AntiVirus application to protect your Mac. Apple's secutiry updates will keep you safe from online threats. I've been using Macs for many years and never used any AntiVirus or any other protections. There are not many viruses out there for Mac, like PCs have. Even if there is any, it won't affect your Mac unless you give permission to it. That is, viruses usually affect the system files and Mac won't allow you to modify the system files without the User's permission.

Make sure you don't download or install any unauthorized application from Internet. But If you really want to use a AntiVirus application, then you can use this free application ClamXav :

Let me know if you have any questions. Only click Accept if you are satisfied

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.