Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have an ipod classic 160GB I have about 4000 songs on it.

I have an ipod classic 160GB I have about 4000 songs on it. I would like to add more but it will not sync with the new version 10.6 that I just down load on my new PC. I don't want to erase my music so I can sync to get more. ???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you sync your iPod with new iTunes library, you'll lose everything from your iPod. So to transfer contents from your iPod to Computer/iTunes, you can use this application :

That application will transfer everything from your iPod (Music, Movies, Podcasts etc) to your Computer/iTunes. Then you can sync your iPod with iTunes.

Try the trial version of the application before buying...If your iPod only contains the purchased songs, movies etc (from iTunes) then you don't have to buy the ImToo iPod Transfer application. Instead you can redownload the purchased items from iTunes Store for free to your iTunes. See here :

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem and satisfied.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I bought the program now how do I get it?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Install it and open it. It should recognize your iPod. Doesn't it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Thats strange..Can you restart your computer and try again ?