Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

iPad problem

Customer Question

When I power up my iPad: the "desktop" with the apps on shows up first, then within a few secound a keyboard appears and a box with - Password XXXXX , below that: Enter the password XXXXX the Hotmail account "Hotmail", then below is a line to type in "Password" and below that a cancel and an OK box. I've tried as many Hotmail passwords for my hotmail accounts as I can remember, but none satisfies this request. I can not delete the overlay. I notice above "Mac", I'm a PC
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. If you press the "home" button on the front of the iPad, does the screen go away? It sounds like you need to delete and re-configure the Hotmail account, which you can do by performing the following:

1) Touch "Settings"
2) Touch "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
3) Touch the Hotmail account, and select "Delete Account"
4) Click "Add Account", and enter the username/password for your Hotmail account.

The password must match exactly as it is entered on the computer (keeping in mind the uppercase/lowercase (case sensitivity)). You can enter an upper-case letter by pressing the UP arrow on the bottom left side of the keyboard. The UP arrow will be lit when it is prepared to enter an upper-case letter, and will not be lit when it is in lower-case mode. It seems your problem may be case sensitivity if you believe you have entered the password correctly.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I find the "Home" button??
The home button is the round button on the front of the device. It has a small white square on the middle of the button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I find the "Home" button?? I have a square with a flower in the middle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I find the "Home" button?? I have a square with a flower in the middle. I found it (On/Off button) - not working when you push it.
So when you push the button it does not suppress the message on your screen? Are you able to just click cancel or enter a wrong password to stop it from coming up on the screen?