Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a mac book pro and have recently played 65 dvds US

I have a mac book pro and have recently played 65 dvd's US region. I am now blocked for playing UK region. How can I correct this situation so that I can play UK movies?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You would have to flash the firmware on the Mac which voids the warranty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gayeBeyp7Rk

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Mike - unfortunately I am in a place where my mac doesnt work fast enough to play the youtube clip so I cant flash the firmware - I will try again when I have better reception
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
OK good luck