Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support

How do I get AOL chat rooms on my Mac

How do I get AOL chat rooms on my Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Toby K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Since usage of AIM Chat has declined significantly in recent months, AOL's focus has moved to other products.

The Chat feature within AOL desktop 9.6 for Windows remains unchanged. AOL Desktop for Mac does not support the chat feature.

If you wanted to use AOL Desktop 9.6 for Windows, you would need to install Windows on your Mac being through Bootcamp, or a virtual machine via VMWare Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.