Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

i sent an email to 931 people, only 22 opened it and at least

Customer Question

i sent an email to 931 people, only 22 opened it and at least 3 people (including me, and the two owners of the company) did not receive the email at all. Notable is that I have two emails in the system - one which I check in an iPad. I did not get the one on the iPad. What could be the problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 4 years ago.

CompExpert :

you might setup your email on ipad as imap and not pop

different between the two are, imap pull email straight from server, pop pull a copy of the email but still leave the email save on the server itself.

so if you setup your email as pop, you can pull your email from multiple location since it still save the message on the server.

try this, send out another email but dont check on your ipad. try to check it from your computer and see if you can receive it or not.

if you do that mean you have set your email as imap.

JACUSTOMER-1vz53nrv- :

i can try this (and i will try this) but my question is with Zoomla! If I sent out 931 emails from Zoomla, why did only 22 open them? What is the problem with the email format of Zoomla? (We can't ask 909 people to reconfigure their mail to imap, we have to create an email that will be accepted in all platforms). So how can we create the email in Zoomla so that it is receieved by everyone?

CompExpert :

I'm sorry im not familiar with Joomla email settings

let me opted out

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Zoomla is not an email system it is a Content Management System for building web pages are you sure about that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am positive. (I found the link to your service on the Zoomla Forum page, I actually thought that you were Zoomla).

Zoomla has Acymailing through which I uploaded 931 emails (and a designed) newsletter and then sent out 931 newsletter emails. In the Statistics, it shows that 931 emails were sent and that 22 were opened (the rest unopened). I have two email addresses in the system. One email address received the email, this was through Outlook. The email address that received the email DID NOT show up as 'opened' (so it wasn't one of the 22 emails that read as 'opened'. I believe Acymailing says that if your email is not set up as showing as opened, then it won't show-up in Zoomla as 'opened', so in some ways it is encouraging that I received the one email even though the stats didn't reinforce this. But that is not my question. My question is WHY is it that I did not receive the email in gmail (to my gmail account, which is also set up on my iPad? And why did the two owners of the company - who are paying for the Content Management System did NOT receive the email at all. I put two-and-two together and realized that they both check their email through gmail through an iPhone and iPad...not sure if this is a coincidence or what, but still, an email by Zoomla showing sent should at least be received! So why wasn't it received? Was there a programming error in Zoomla/Acymailing? Can you help? Thanks!
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I’ve used Zoomla but I am not familiar with the Acymailing, sorry I’ll opt out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry, so do i have to pay if i don't get the answer i need....?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
No I don‘t know if there are any Acymailing experts here but I can request a refund for you if you wish.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks, I will take a refund, and I will also give you positive feedback.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
OK sorry