Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I just bought a new I-pod 3 at Best Buy. Because

I just bought a new I-pod 3 at Best Buy. Because I didn't have everything from my i-pod 2 backed up (?) they said I had to bring it home and hook up the old i-pod first,back up everything on it and then plug in the new i-pod to my computer. Well,I followed the directions they wrote down and go to the i-tunes store,plugged in the old i-pad but saw nowhere where it said to click "backup". Then they said after that to plug in the new i-pad to the computer. Naturally,it isn't as easy as they said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carolyn [email protected]

Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
iPod or iPad you said both?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Please stay on the question don‘t start a new one. Were you using the iCloud on the old iPad to sync?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Did you get me message? Were you using the iCloud on the old iPad to sync?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Still there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My question,put simply is how do I transfer all the stuff on my i-pad 2 to my i-pad 3. I don't have i-cloud on 2.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
With the Old iPad
  1. Launch iTunes and connect the old iPad to the computer
  2. Right-click the iPad in the iTunes sidebar and choose “Back Up”
  3. graphic
  4. Let the iPad backup finish within iTunes, keep iTunes open but disconnect the old iPad from the computer
With the New iPad

1. Turn the new iPad on and at the “Set Up iPad” screen choose “Restore from iTunes Backup” then tap “Next”
  2. Connect the iPad to the computer and within iTunes choose the most recent backup from the restore menu
  3. Click “Continue” and let the restore via iTunes take place, do not disconnect the iPad until the transfer is completed and the iPad has rebooted
  4. Restoring from iTunes may actually be quicker than restoring from iCloud, depending on the size of your backups and the speed of the internet connection. Even so, migrating with iCloud is the easiest and thus what is most recommended.

Note: If you already set up the new iPad, you can easily return to the original set up and configuration screen required for the transfer by tapping from Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, this will reset any iOS device to factory defaults. This erases everything on the iPad, so only do this if you are certain.