Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I have two iPads. First one purchased over year ago and new

Customer Question

I have two iPads. First one purchased over year ago and new one this week. Major problem. Connected to my computer. All inf and apps on new one and blank screen on old one. Then main reason for new one is mine onlyn and give grandcdhildrenn older one with all game apps. I had purchased books on old one and wanted to transfer to new one. Here I sit with over $2000 worth and cant use it. Sick.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Sorry to hear that both your ipads are not working now...:( I can understand how frustrating this can be :-(

What I understand is the old ipad is just having a blank screen, correct? Let's try a reset on the old one. Press and hold the power button and the home button together for 10-15 sec. You should get an apple logo. Let me know whether this resolves the issue with the old one.

Regarding the info you lost on the new ipad - Did you lose only the purchases made from the itunes store? You can download those purchases any number of times from the itunes store, without having to pay for it again. The following doc will help you do that.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK everything is back to normal on old one What do I do with my new one nwo?
What I understand is that all your info is deleted off the new ipad, correct?

Can you please tell me what kind of info they are? Did you lose only the purchases made from the itunes store? or did you lose the contacts, calendars as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I plugged the new one to computer the info went from old to new with the old one blank Now thanks to you the old one is back to all original apps..I turned on the new one and all apps that were purchased books etc but when I go to the icon there is nothing. I had not purchased anything on the new one yet. So where do I go from here? I was very interested in getting my purchased books ibooks and Kindle from my old to the new. Is it possible? I am niot too sure about iCloud. I have an iPhone 4 also and would like everything purchased to go to all devices. Possible? Please help me
It is possible to transfer the books from the old one to the new. Either you can download them directly on the new ipad from the itunes store (don't worry, you don't have to pay for it again, if you are using the same apple ID) or you can transfer the books from one ipad to another.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Now, your ipad name will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Just click on the ipad name and now to the middle of the screen, you will find tabs such as summary, info, apps, photos, books etc.

Click on the "Books" tab. Now it will display all the books currently in itunes. Select the option "sync books" and check the books you want to transfer to the ipad. Now click on the "Apply" button at the bottom.

This should transfer the books in the computer to the new ipad.

From now on, if you want all the new purchases to go into all the devices - turn on automatic downloads on all your devices. To turn on automatic downloads, go to Settings > store and turn on automatic downloads. Make sure the same apple ID is used on all the devices.

Hope this helps. let me know if you have any difficulty.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I try it then get back to you if it doesnt work Tell me what to do
No problem... Take your own time. Let me know if you face any difficulty.
Hi Candy,

Were you able to transfer the books?