iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience:  Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing
28671728

I have an iphone and did have an itunes account. It was linked

Customer Question

I have an iphone and did have an itunes account. It was linked to my work PC and work email address. There was a problem at work and I lost all my music at the time but never set it back up again. I have since changed job and no longer use either that PC or that email address.

I am happy to start again with a new itunes account but I have a feeling that the old details will still be live and I won't be able to do this because I'm using the same iphone and my bank details will be the same.

What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  iteachmac replied 2 years ago.

iteachmac :

Welcome ,I will give a full and clear answer to your question, please make sure to reply to any questions I have. They may be essential to my reply.

iteachmac :

Hi ,

iteachmac :

I see the problem .

iteachmac :

Do you still live at the same address as the Card details used for the account?

iteachmac :

If you can prove the account belongs to you , then you should be able to get your account back .

Customer:
iteachmac :

HI ,

iteachmac :

Ok you already have an apple ID..

have forgotten this password ?

Customer:

I do still live at the same address as the card details. How do I now go about getting the account back please?

iteachmac :

Your apple ID is used in the itunes store and app store .

iteachmac :

ok .

iteachmac :

Apple ID and itunes store login etc , are the same thing .

iteachmac :

Your Apple ID user name , is your email address used to set it up .

iteachmac :

Do you know the email address ?

Customer:

Yes but my apple ID is my old work email address. I can of course use that but I don't remember the password

iteachmac :

that does not matter .

iteachmac :

so you just forgot the password XXXXX ?

Customer:

Yes - it's XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

iteachmac :

ok .

iteachmac :

right .

iteachmac :

ok ,,

iteachmac :

go to :-

iteachmac :

Try to log in there ,

Customer:

yes and will be using a new pc etc as I mentioned before

iteachmac :

see link to try to reset password XXXXX

iteachmac :

You can use up to 5 PC or Mac device with one account . It does not matter .

iteachmac :

even if you have 5 PC . in the account , you can press forget devices .

iteachmac :

the only problem here is the passowrd .

Customer:

now?

iteachmac :

Please try the link .

iteachmac :

see login .

iteachmac :

you can open another window to go try .

iteachmac :

or right mouse , open in new window .

iteachmac :

on the link .

Customer:

I can try some of the ones I used to use

iteachmac :

yes you can try on the web page as its more easy than on the ipod etc .

iteachmac :

check your typing , caps lock etc .

iteachmac :

See Manage your account & Reset your password XXXXX the webpage.

iteachmac :

is your keyboard layout for your area the same as when you set the password?

iteachmac :

You may want to check your password XXXXX typing in to a sticky note , or text edit / pages document if possible so you can see the characters typed , check the keyboard characters are the same as your known password??

iteachmac :

This may be your issue , regarding the forgotten password.

iteachmac :

Also check the USB keyboard on a second computer to check all keys are working as expected .

iteachmac :

If you still cant get in :

iteachmac :

You can email or phone apple support for help , they may be able to give you clues to why your Apple ID setup is failing , or your password XXXXX help you set up an account successfully.

iteachmac :

There are many locations and contact numbers on the contact page above , please find the area phone number nearest to you or use email contact .

Customer:

Thanks very much. I shall try all that.

iteachmac, The Duke!
Experience: Mac help ,music midi expert, logic pro recording ,electrical installation ,ilife & all mac computing