Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA hg

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Pro and i hooked up my Cinema Display 20" to it yesterday. it worked fine. Today i plugged my Macbook back in and the display is black. It's working fine though. if i push the power button on the display, the do you want to shut down your computer pop up comes up on my laptop. BUT there's no picture. just black. Any idea what's going on? all my connections are the same as yesterday.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am Jins here to assist you.

Need more specific info on both your MacBook & the 20" display. Various ports, cables, and connectors have been used...so it's tough to know what to recommend.

It would help if you posted photos of the ports on your MacBook & the cabling for the display...or find photos off the internet (and link them here) that represent what you have.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i actually found the answer online. turns out you need to delete a preference.
thanks though!