Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

RA gd

I do not have my mac password XXXXX the one created when I bought the computer. I need to install software to update my garmin nuvi 205 (communicator plugin) and need the password XXXXX do so. This is urgent, because my nuvi is not getting enough satellite reception and I get lost very easily.
Thank you,
blessing xxxxx
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 4 years ago.

You will need you restore disk that says Mac OSX install insert that into your mac. Then go to the apple icon and select shutdown. Then restart your mac and hold down the c key till you see the apple icon AND spinning gear. Once the disk loads ( takes a min or 2) Select your language then from utilities ( above the install window) Select reset password. Then select mac hd followed by your user name. Then set the new password XXXXX save. Close out all windows and restart. You have now reset your password.