Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

how do i unlock the volume control on my ipod classic, since

how do i unlock the volume control on my ipod classic, since i am too stupid to remember a pass code
Thank you
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

The only way is to hold the center and menu button. Then press the center button and play pause button when the screen goes black.

Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
now it is in Disk mode and it says ok to disconnect. it isn't connected

Now you connect it to your computer that has itunes installed and follow the directions that prompt up. This is the only way to bypass that lock.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did it, it did the sync process, still in disk mode
It would not sync disk it should say to restore the ipod please make sure you followed the above process.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well it did sync. there was no prompt to restore ipod or any prompt for anything else
ok do the same process while connected and see if you get the message to restore.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no restore message
but it syncd again
can you click on the restore button in itunes after it syncs.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
all is well