Daniel, Mac Specialist
Experience:  10 Years hands on computer training
64443469

I have a paid Pandora account. I have many songs "thumbs up"

I have a paid Pandora account. I have many songs "thumbs up" is there a way to only play my "thumbs up" songs?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Create your radio station, it will appear on the left of your player. There will be a tab underneath your radio station that says "Add Variety." Click on that to add more artists to your station.

Listen to your customized station. Give Pandora feedback by clicking the "Thumbs up" or "Thumbs down" icon on each song so Pandora can continue to customize your playlist.

Create a new station. You can create numerous stations that can serve as different customized playlists.

This is the only way that you can actually play the "Thumbs Up Songs"

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i do not understand. are you saying that i need to create a new station?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Here the tools on how you can create or edit you stations. There is no actually way to just choose the thumbs ups you just have to leave feedback for each song and your station will remember the ones that you like and the ones you don't. But remember it is different for each station.

The Tools

Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down- this is the most basic tool for guiding Pandora in the direction of the kind of music you want to hear on a station. The text on this feature should read "play more — or less — of this song" instead of "I like — or don't like — this song."

Use the Thumbs Up button while a song is playing to tell Pandora that you want to hear more songs on this station that are similar to the current song. Conversely, use Thumbs Down to tell Pandora that the current song doesn't fit your idea of what you want in this station.

It's important to note that when you Thumbs Down a song, it only means that you don't want to hear that song on the current station. It doesn't mean that you don't want to hear the song on another station.

Add Variety - this feature is only available on the Pandora web browser player, but using it will shape the station when you listen to it on your network media player or other device.

Click on the station and "add variety" appears below the station name. Click on it. Here you can name a song or artist — or choose from list of Pandora's suggestions — that you want to add to the station. Pandora now searches for the additional qualities of the new artist or song. The result should be a wider variety of music.

"Add variety" is a good way to spice up a station that is becoming boring. If the resulting station isn't right, you can edit the station.

Editing the Station - Because of Pandora's licensing agreements, you cannot create a playlist of specific songs and titles to create a station. Instead, you must get creative in the way you shape the station. If your station was defined by Pandora, the station page will give you a snapshot of the seed songs and artists used to create the station.

A station can be edited either on computer or on the iPhone app.

Click on "options," then click on "edit station details." This will bring up your station's page. There will be a list of the "seed songs and artists" along with all of the songs you on which you clicked Thumbs Up. Here you can easily add songs and/or artists to help shape the mood of the station.

On this page you can also delete songs from the Thumbs Up list if you feel it is affecting the choice of music.

Organize Your Pandora Stations

As your list of Pandora stations gets longer, there may be a few favorites that you listen to often and want at the top of the list. Pandora offers sorting by "date added" or "alphabetically." This doesn't help if your favorite station is "ZZ Top" and it was the first station you created.

To re-order your stations, simply rename them using a number at the beginning — "01 ZZ Top." Continue to rename the stations with consecutive numbers so they come up in your desired order.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what does it mean when it asks if i want to purchase a song?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
This means that you would have to pay for the song, where is it asking you this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think it ask for it when I give it a thumbs up
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Did it still allow you to do the Thumbs up if you didn't purchase the song. It may give you the option to purchase it to be on your computer rather then just Pandora.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Purchasing all of my thumbs up songs for my computer would be the only way I could play just those songs.

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Yes this would be the only way to play just those songs but eventually if you rated all the songs then you would have just the Thumbs Up but yes you are correct you would have to purchase all the songs just to listen to just them, I was just trying to give you other options so you didn't have to purchase all those songs.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Daniel,

I dont mind paying for the one time fee to have these answeres, but I do not want a recurring fee on my credit card.

thanks,

J Mitchell

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
You should not have a recurring fee, unless you signed up for a subscription. You have to rate this answer in order for me to receive credit remember that. But yes you should not receive any other charges unless you signed up for a monthly service.