Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hey, my browser screen keeps going white. I can usually

Customer Question

Hey, my browser screen keeps going white.

I can usually solve it temporarily by refreshing the browser a couple of times or opening the site in Firefox.

But I have recently changed my default browser from Firefox to Chrome, because FF is using a lot of CPU power.

I also have a similar problem, which might be related, when I try watching youtube videos in full screen the screen goes completely black, but I can hear that the video is playing "in the background".

How can I fix this?

Optional information:
Computer: Macbook Pro 17"
OS: OS X 10.7.3
Browser: Chrome
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Restart and hold the Option key until you see your boot partitions, then choose the Recovery HD, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I haven't replied before, but Im using a rather closed system. I've bought my mac through my education, which means that they've put their system on the computer and installed relevant programs on it.

Therefore, I can't really do what you are asking me. But before I even noticed your answer I found the solution myself. I just had to disable chrome's flash plugin and now it works fine.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
That should not matter you can still do as I asked, and you still should. Anyway thanks.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!