Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products

Hi there. I am in the UK. I have just taken delivery of 2 Mac

Hi there. I am in the UK. I have just taken delivery of 2 Mac Minis (I only need one! Blame major miscommunication between me and my husband.) I got mine from the UK Apple Store; John shopped around online and bought his from an electronics website. Only after the order had been placed did John realise that the website was Hong Kong-based. Comparing the boxes’ labels, I can see that the product name of my (UK) Mac Mini contains the letters BT-GBR, whereas the Hong Kong-sourced one says BT-ITP. That’s the only difference I can spot. Please can you tell me if the actual products are different in any way – or is it just the packaging that differs? I’d really appreciate your help on this. With many thanks in anticipation, Sally
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please reply back with the serial number for both Minis and I will investigate this for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mac Tech. Thanks for your message. I’m afraid I don’t have those details with me right now as I am at work, but I will get back to you as soon as I am home (in about 3.5 hours). Hope that’s OK? with best wishes, Sally
Thank you for your reply.

Certainly, anytime is fine.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again Mac Tech. OK, the serial numbers are as follows:

UK-sourced Mac Mini C07HC1FPDJD0
Hong Kong-sourced Mac Mini C07H9487DJD0

In case it is useful to you, their Part Nos. are as follows:

with best wishes
Thank you for your reply Sally. The following is what Apple is supplying as far as the serial number lookup goes. These units other appear identical.

Here's the information on the UK Mac Mini -

Mac mini (Mid 2011)

Here's the information on the Hong Kong Mac Mini -

Mac mini (Mid 2011)

I would suggest retaining the UK Mac Mini as it will be easier to service should you have any issues.

Thank you,

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mac Tech.
Good morning! Thanks for your most recent message.
Sorry if I’m being a bit stupid, but can you just confirm that you are saying that they appear to be (from your research) exactly the same product? (I am slightly thrown by your sentence ‘These units other appear identical’, which doesn’t quite make sense to me.)
All I really wish to know is whether the Hong Kong machine would be essentially the same in use as the UK one. (I appreciate your advice about the UK one being easier to service.)
with thanks again
Thank you for your reply Sally.

I've done some further research for you and here are the specs on each Mac Mini:

UK MC815B/A - Here's the link to the specs on the serial number:

HK MC815ZP/A - Here's the link to the specs on the serial number:

As you can see they are identical.

Thank you.