Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

i have an ipad that i have not used in about two months, i

Customer Question

i have an ipad that i have not used in about two months, i charged it today and it says- ipad is disabled-try again in 22,066,922 minutes!!!! the original laptop that my ipad was synced with, i no longer have. how do i reset it???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Thank you for the question. If you do not have access to the machine that you synced with device with last, you can restore the device to remove the passcode, however you cannot preserve your data. However, once it is restored, you can re-download any apps that you have already paid for through the App Store. To restore the device, you can follow the instructions outline on this page. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my ipad is not even recognized on itunes, it says i need to put in my password on my ipad before it will sync, i have 22 million minutes before i can put in my pass code. this has not helped at all!
Just to provide some background, this is the article that refers to the one I posted. If your device is not recognized, you can try the recovery mode article at the bottom of the page.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this article is not helping, my ipad is not recognized......at all
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
When the log in pass-code is forgotten there is only one option. That is to restore the iPad to factory settings to remove passcode. "Please follow these instructions carefully". The process will restore your iPad and remove the pass-code".

To do so it will need to be put into DFU mode. Then you will need to restore the iPad through iTunes.

Open iTunes and connect the iPad to your PC.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button(top of iPad) at the same time.

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

You should receive a message in iTunes that your device is in recovery mode.

The iPad screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPad into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Once in the DFU mode click on Restore in iTunes to restore the iPad. You will then need to sync your music and other items back to the device.

Please let me know the outcome. If this resolves your issue please don't forget to click "Accept" and leave positive feedback by selecting a smiley face.