Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

I am setting up a lexmark x9350 wifi and I have both windows and mac systems to connect.

Customer Question

I am setting up a lexmark x9350 wifi and I have both windows and mac systems to connect. I have connectivity with both, but the mac(os10.63) does not print.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Daniel :

Thanks for choosing Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Daniel :

If you were to use the USB cord that came with the printer are you able to print this way?

Customer :

yes before i re-setup

Customer :

ihave not tested usb since

Daniel :

well test the mac with the usb and see if it prints at all and let me know

Customer :

will do

Customer :

yes it does

Daniel :

Alright will we know the printer and the mac can communicate, thats good. So did you install the Lexmark cd on the mac

Customer :

no i did an online set up

Customer :

i do not have the cd

Daniel :

Did you go to the manufacturer website of lexmark and download the drivers to the mac

Customer :

yes and double checked on the apple site to see if they were the same driver

Daniel :

Alright go ahead and follow these steps and let me know if this works.

Select "System Preferences" from the Dock.

Select the "Print & Fax" control panel in the Hardware section.

Click the "+" icon on the left side of the control panel.

Select the "IP" tab at the top of the pop-up window and choose "Internet Protocol IPP" from the list of available protocols.

Type in your wireless printer's IP address and queue name.

Select the correct printer driver from the "Print Using" drop-down menu.

Click the "Add" button to finish setting up the wireless printer. The printer will now show up as an available device the next time you print a document.

Customer :

in the print using it does not give me the driver

Customer :

or am i supposed to use auto select?

Daniel :

Do you only have one printer in the house or at least only one on the network?

Customer :

yes

Daniel :

Then you can try auto select

Customer :

when i try auto select it autos to generic postscript printer

Daniel :

Alright I think that we may need to download the drivers again and start from the beginning, something is not registering. So go to this link and install the software again

http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=recommendedSegmentMACINTOSH&userlocale=EN_US&id=DR20487

Customer :

i am not chatting with u on the mac so give me a minute

Daniel :

Thats fine. Just go ahead and I will be here. You can sign in to here on your mac, and just copy the link and close the chat on the Mac

Daniel :

That way you dont have to type that whole link

Customer :

Done and opened

Daniel :

Alright, so go ahead and download the software and let me know when that is donw

Daniel :

done

Customer :

do we have to delete the previous printer before we go thru the setup?

Daniel :

what printer did you have on there before?

Customer :

This printer and fax

Daniel :

Yeah go ahead and delete it and reinstall the drivers that way it does not get confused.

Customer :

and now the ip address of the printer along with the lexmark offline from connecting usb

Customer :

I am at yhe destination select

Customer :

location standard OK?

Daniel :

Yes, standard is ok

Customer :

this is the fourth time that i have tried this

Daniel :

I am sorry, I just want to start from the beginning, so I can see what is happening

Customer :

i am at the online set up assistant

Customer :

printer connection wireless

Customer :

wifi indicator is green

Daniel :

Alright this is where you need to make sure the options are correct. Let me know what it is asking you right now

Daniel :

That is good, so it is seeing the wifi

Customer :

why did the ip address change to 192.168.1.106?

Daniel :

I am not sure, what is the ip address of your printer

Daniel :

You may want to use the one it is showing now, maybe that was the problem

Customer :

192.168.1.103

Daniel :

when you did the setup previously what was the ip address that way displayed

Customer :

i just set up the windows computers at the 103

Customer :

they all work

Daniel :

So the mac is working now

Customer :

the last time i set up it was 103 on this setup

Daniel :

I guess that is what the problem was, it was detecting a wrong ip address

Customer :

no it has not completed processing

Daniel :

oh, sorry, okay let me know when it is done

Customer :

tried a test page and it does not work

Daniel :

and you changed the ip address to 103 instead of 106?

Customer :

is ther a way to change the ip address in the mac

Customer :

no i did not

Daniel :

you left the ip address as 106

Customer :

yes did not see where to change

Daniel :

well if you go back to where I had you go before

Daniel :

See if you have the option in here to change it, also let me know if you see your printer in here as well

Customer :

we are back to the problem of Print using

Customer :

where select printer software the driver for this printer is not in there

Daniel :

ok, what is in there

Daniel :

what ip address did you use this time

Customer :

192.168.1.103

Daniel :

go back and try the 106

Daniel :

I am not sure what is going on here, because the printer seen the wifi, but for some reason it is not registering

Customer :

there is no way to change the ip addres after it is in the printer folder?

Customer :

or change the ip adress during setup?

Daniel :

well this is the problem, during the setup it choose 106 and then you put in 103, so it has two different ip address here. Go here for me and try this.

Try opening the Printer Setup Utility (located in Applications > Utilities) and selecting Add. Then select the Default Browser view and see if the printer appears in this view.

Customer :

i cannot find printer setup utilities

Daniel :

When you go to applications do you see utilities?

Customer :

in utilities

Customer :

no printer setup in utilities

Daniel :

have you ever had a printer work with wireless on the mac

Customer :

no

Customer :

only thru main computer thru netwk

Daniel :

Control-click the System Preferences icon in your Dock and choose "Print & Fax" from the Dock menu. If the Print & Fax lock icon appears locked, click the lock icon and enter an administrator name and password XXXXX prompted. Click the + (plus) icon below the Printers pane on the left to open the Add Printer application.

Daniel :

try this you need to get to the option to add printer. this way we can add the printer

Customer :

isn't that what we did?

Daniel :

oh maybe, sorry it has been a long day, just give me a minute here let me see if I can figure this out

Daniel :

Lets restart the mac since we haven't restarted since we installed the printer software

Customer :

ok

Daniel :

Are you on the mac with me now?

Customer :

no

Daniel :

oh ok just making sure

Customer :

ok reboted

Daniel :

see if it prints if it does not then go back into Control-click the System Preferences icon in your Dock and choose "Print & Fax" from the Dock menu. If the Print & Fax lock icon appears locked, click the lock icon and enter an administrator name and password XXXXX prompted. Click the + (plus) icon below the Printers pane on the left to open the Add Printer application.

Customer :

hold on it's my daughters computer and in start up she has something caught in a loop

Daniel :

That's fine just let me know once you get there.

Customer :

does not print

Customer :

there is no way to change the ip address?

Daniel :

You want to change the ip address for the printer?

Customer :

yes the driver is correct in the mac the problem is the wrong ip address. remember the other computers work on the 103 address not the 106 address & we know that the driver works the printer thru the usb

Customer :

so in the mac setup or the existing printer file is ther any way to change the address

Daniel :

You would have to change it the system preferences and choose print and fax. This is the only place to change the ip address.

Daniel :

This is the only way.

Customer :

the problem with that is that the driver is not recognized because we do not have the option to install the driver with the ip address

Daniel :

I believe that I may have to opt out and see if there is another expert that can assist you, because I am at an end on what to do here.

Customer :

ok i am not that familiar with mac so i maybe not a lot of help. thanks

Daniel :

Alright I will opt out and other expert will be with you soon.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!