CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I own an Atrix 4G and use a MacBook Pro. WHY cannot I transfer

Customer Question

I own an Atrix 4G and use a MacBook Pro. WHY cannot I transfer photos from the Atrix to the Macbook via USB or BlueTooth???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your Android issues.

Please download and install MotoCast software so you can transfer data from and to your phone. Click on the link below and click Download button.

http://www.mymotocast.com/download?platform=mac

IMPORTANT: Please bookmark this page in case we got cut off, for revisits, and for reference. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites. Mac: click the + next to address bar or click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks. You can come back by going back to Favorites/Bookmarks and click on the saved link.

Please click ACCEPT MY ANSWER and THE SMILEY FACE ONLY IF IT IS HELPFUL AND YOUR PROBLEM(S) SOLVED so I can get credit for this answer. I really appreciate if you can leave a Positive feedback.

If your issue is not resolved, feel free to ask me questions or let me know the situation. Thanks and have a great day!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have installed MotoCast on my MacBook Pro. Wireless comms failed. USB connection found Atrix, but Sync uploaded 0 files. Does the mobile version of MotoCast need to be installed on the Atrix? This really sux! What about a wireless solution?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your info.

You can use Dropbox.

Go to www.dropbox.com

Create an account.

Download dropbox app on Market or Google play on your phone

Install dropbox on your computer.

Open Dropbox app on your phone and upload photos to Dropbox.

Open Dropbox app and you will be able to download photos on your Mac

You can do the reverse if you want to transfer files from Mac to phone.

Please let me know if you need any information or have any question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my answer?

Here it is again:

Go to www.dropbox.com

Create an account.

Install dropbox on your computer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is Dropbox in the Cloud?? If so, not acceptable! I want to transfer files DIRECTLY between Atrix and Macbook. I don't understand why there has to be such a struggle between the two; Androids and PCs don't have this problem, so why should Androids and Macs??? I want to be able to use BlueTooth and/or USB directly.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Let me open your question to all experts. Please wait for their reply. Thanks.
Expert:  AnswersByEric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

"Androids and PCs don't have this problem, so why should Androids and Macs??? " You want an honest answer to that? Its because as Steve Jobs put it in his quote "I will go to thermo-nuclear war to end Android and kill it off", Apple doesnt want anyone using Android, they only way people using Apple products.

With that being said, lets see if we can try and get it to work. If you plug the phone into the Mac, does it show that its recognizing something is being plugged in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, I may have to get a few iPhones when my contract expires next March. I'm kinda pissed at Motorola for neglecting this very important issue!

Yes, No Name and MB860 appear. Also, MotoCast loads, but as I already posted, ZERO files are uploaded. And as I close MotoCast, iPhoto is there, ready to receive.

BlueTooth pairs but does not connect. I have an Archos 5 that does the same thing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you all given up?

Did you not see my last reply? I asked, when you see the MB860 device plugged-in, can you not browse the files/folders on the device and drag and drop the files from the device to the Mac?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your response was not available to me until today. I can see folders, no photo files, on both the MB860 and the No Name device.

These are the only files I can open. They look like they ought to be photos, but they're just log files.

Last login: Tue May 8 17:03:12 on ttys000
/Users/CHEVS/Desktop/-58322094 ; exit;
DOUGs-MacBook-Pro:~ CHEVS$ /Users/CHEVS/Desktop/-58322094 ; exit;
-bash: /Users/CHEVS/Desktop/-58322094: cannot execute binary file
logout

[Process completed]

This sounds more like an issue with the Mac not connecting properly to the device, would you like me to place this question in the Mac category so you can speak with a Mac professional?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I need a pro with expertise in both areas. I Can't be the only user who has had this problem. Before the Android phone, I had a Motorola RAZR that connected via either BlueTooth or USB and allowed browsing all files. Also, I can connect the Android with a PC easily. So yes, please place this in the Mac cat. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If anyone has responded to my last reply, I haven't received it. It wouldn't be the first time. What's up? 15 May is creeping up on us; that's the pay-you date.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would like very much to resolve this issue.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PAYPAL is read to pay JUST ANSWER on May 15th. Will that not happen if I do not click on the ACCEPT ANSWER button?
Hello:

Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a Representative will contact you via email.
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.
hi,

http://att.deviceanywhere.com/MotorolaAtrix/tutorials/9311

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable. On your phone, touch USB connection in the Notification Bar.

2. Touch USB Mass Storage, then touch OK.

3. On a Windows computer, if the Found New Hardware wizard opens. Finder (Mac). On your computer, your phone appears as a removable drive. Open the drive representing your phone.
  4. Open the Browse files folder.
  5. Highlight the file that you want to transfer to your device.
  6. Drag the file to your phone.
  7. To view the file, double-click Removable Storage.
  8. The transferred file should appear along with other files in your phone. For this example, the transferred file is highlighted.
  9. Done!

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Interesting! There is no Browse Files folder under either the MB860 or NO NAME folders. BUT under MB860\DCIM.thumbnails, there are all the images, including the ones the phone uses for icons, but in small, thumbnail size. Under NO NAME\DCIM\Camera all images are there in full size. What is DCIM?

If I can remember this link, I like it. Now, can you take it further and tell me how to connect via BlueTooth?
DCIM is just a default folder name so the camera would recognized.

since you phone only work with transfer by usb, im not sure bluetooth would work too.

first make sure your macbook pro have bluetooth, by go to
System Preferences->Bluetooth and see if you can turn it on

on your phone, go to setting --->>> wireless and networks --->>> bluetooth settings
make sure is turn on

now if your macbook pro have bluetooth you should see a little bluetooth icon next to the wifi icon on the top right corner.

go to this page, it will give you direction on how to pair your phone with mac osx
http://apcmag.com/mac_101_how_to_pair_your_bluetooth_device.htm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paired my android phone with my Macbook Pro. They detect each other, but they will NOT connect!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paired my android phone with my Macbook Pro. They detect each other, but they will NOT connect! The MacBook shows an error that the phone lacks necessary services.
if that the case then it wont work.

like I said before, your android phone transfer file is only with usb cable.

also, bluetooth on the android phone is now primarily for connecting to bluetooth audio devices ie. Headsets and speakers.

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I finally did was to remove the expanded memory card from the phone and insert it via an adapter into a USB port on my MAC. That way, I was able to wee & upload all images. I'm still not happy about the lack of BlueTooth connection. But PayPal already took my $15, so I'll call this Answer closed.
hopefully someday company will notice it and build that function for bluetooth phone connect.

I would be a lot easier from bluetooth than using the usb adapter.

anyhow, hope you have a wonderful sunday.