CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

i have lost all my inbox files on Outlook. tried to rebuild

Customer Question

i have lost all my inbox files on Outlook. tried to rebuild as spelled out, but nothing is working. i have all my files missing. This is on my Mac PC
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 4 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
what outlook version do you have?

did you lost your outlook because you update your microsoft office?

Customer:

Outlook 2011 and my office updated security codes for our company server. i am the only one running a Mac and lost 100% of my inbox files (about 5000+)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont see any answers

update website --->>> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads

• Make sure that the Outlook application is closed
  • Make sure you have the update installed and you are running on version 14.2.0. You can check by opening Word and going to 'About Word'
  • Locate your identities folder using Finder. My identities folder is in Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities (yours might be in another place). Make a backup of your entire identity folder... just in case.
  • Create a new identity using the Microsoft Database Utility, located in Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office
  • Go back to your identities folder. Now you should see two folders, one with you old identity, and one with the new identity. Each one of those has a 'Data Records' folder that stores all messaging data
  • Manually copy folders from the 'Data Records' folder in the old identity, to the 'Data Records' folder in the new identity, except for the three folders that were already created in the new identity, i.e. 'Database Headers', 'Preferences' and 'Recent Addresses'
  • Go to the Database Utility, select your new identity and tell it to rebuild the database. It will go through 5 steps and might take while
  • When you get confirmation that your database was successfully rebuilt, make the new identity your default
  • Open the Outlook application

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
this will be easier to read

• Open the Outlook application