Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college

iTunes wont open, Im getting an unknown error (13014). This

iTunes won't open, I'm getting an unknown error (13014). This after trying to help a friend back up his iPhone unsuccessfully, I think because it filled up my start up disc. We had to try transferring things a number of times, now I can't even download a three page pdf. How can I get into iTunes so I can dump things, or is there another place his backup is stored so I can get rid of it?
Oh, I have a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8 - thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Double click on the Macintosh HD on your desktop

At the bottom of this window it will tell you how much free space you have.

Itunes backups are located at the following location.

Click on the face icon on the left-hand side of your dock

Click on Go at the very top and Home

Open the folder called Library, then Application Support then Mobilesync and then Backup

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Tom - panic's gone...
I guess I need to figure out how to free up enough space so that I can back up the iPhone successfully. I notice that I now have most of the music from it in the music library on my Mac - can you not make a backup without syncing? I had this image of the backup button making a tidy little file that I could then restore to the phone once its OS was updated, but that doesn't seem to be the case.