Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I installed CS5 on my Mac Book Pro on the 30 day trial. It

I installed CS5 on my Mac Book Pro on the 30 day trial.
It replaced my previous version of Acrobat.
I cannot now open and previously made pdf's as I get a message saying that my 30-day trial period has ended.
I cannot open any pdfs, which I must do in order to work.

Can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do you have the discs of the old Acrobat ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Your CS5 should've already upgraded the Acrobat to latest version, so the only option is completely remove the CS5 from your Mac and install old version of Acrobat. Without the discs, we can't fix the problem. Is there anyway to get them ?

Only click Accept if you are satisfied.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it possible to "uninstall" the CS5? And if so, will Acrobat 9 comes back without disks?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
It is possible to uninstall CS5, but the Acrobat will also uninstall with it. Goto Applications folder and can you find the old Acrobat in there ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no old version of Acrobat in my applications folder. Only the new versions.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Then CS5 must've upgraded to latest one and deleted the old one. You have two options now...Contact your IT guy and ask him the serial number of CS5 to upgrade to full version. Or backup your files to external HD and do a Erase and Install of Mac OS X. Then install the CS5 trial and you will get another 30 days. Let me know what you think...