Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

how do I get rid of icloud backup?

Customer Question

how do I get rid of icloud backup?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

From the iPad, go to Settings, then tap iCloud

Scroll all the way down and tap "Storage & Backup"

Then tap "iCloud Backup" to turn it off

Then press the main button of the iPad (bottom, center) to exit.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the "Accept Answer" green button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The screen is black except for a square intitled " Icloud backup" The square has two boxes marked ignore and settings.

The slide to unlock at the bottom does not slide.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Advise did not work

Just tap the on/off switch and it should work. No need to "slide" it.

Also, what iOS version do you have on your iPad?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The switch I am talking about is the slide to unlock switch with the arrow pointing to the right.

Where do I find the iOS version on my iPad?

In order to find the iOS version, please tap Settings, then General, then About. Find the "Version" number there.

Also, please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Remember when you get the message "slide to power off" ignore it. Just wait until the Apple logo appears.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The screen is frozen with only the small box in the middle intitled 1cloud backup saying icloud is unable to access the account XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and two smaller boxes, one says ignore and the other says settings. Tapping on either one does not do anything.

At the lower margin there is an arrow that says slide to unlock. It does not unlock or slide.

Please reset the iPad. To reset it, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here