Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.
45006406

I have 3 portfolios, say Portfolio A, B, C. They are displayed

Customer Question

I have 3 portfolios, say Portfolio A, B, C. They are displayed in that vertical ascending order.

I wish to reorder them so they are displayed, for example, in the order C, A, B.

Can this be done ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Try renaming it to include a ' symbol in front of the letter C. It should then reorder them the way you want because the single apostrophe comes before letters.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience: Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sergio,

Firstly, apologies for not replying earlier but I live in France and so I was asleep when you replied!

Let me just recap on the problem :-
I am using a mini mac (OS X 10.6.8), with Firefox 12.0. The problem concerns Google Finance.

I have 6 Portfolios, named A, B, C .... F, for ease of reference.

On the Market Summary page they are vertically displayed in the order of : A, B, C, D, E, F.

I want to change this order of vertical display, to say : B, C, D, E, F, A. i.e. I want to move the top displayed portfolio to the bottom.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
I just did some testing with my own Google Finance account and it appears that they are in the order they were created in. I created 5 porfolios with letters A, B, C, D, and E, but I created them in random order. They appear in this order on the Markets page and the Portfolios page.

I would suggest that you recreate each portfolio in the order you want them to appear...assuming this would not be a lot of work.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sergio,

I had figured that out too, but some of the portfolios list quite a few stocks, so it is a pain to recreate them.

If you notice, it is possible to re-order the main groupings of Portfolios, World Markets, Currencies, Bonds, using the symbol to the right of the group heading. i.e. move to top, move up, move down.

Because of this re-ordering ability I thought it likely that it was possible to reorder the contents of group, i.e the individual portfolios within the Portfolio group.

Any other ideas?

Regards
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
I played around with it, but it seems like you can manipulate some views, but it is not permanent. What you are describing is rearranging the content windows. Recreating them is the only static way that I have found to do it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess so. Anyway, thanks for looking at this.

Rgds
Expert:  Sergio A. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I did not have a better response.

Take care
Sergio