Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a Mac G-5 (now a so called vintage unit by good ole

I have a Mac G-5 (now a so called 'vintage unit' by good ole Apple) operating OS X Version 10.4.11. I finally succumbed just now to Thunderbird's suggestion to switch to the new 12.0.1 (?) Version and after downloading it, moving it to the Applications folder as instructed and thence to the Icon Bar, it wouldn't open!

During this procedure, the process told me that Thunderbird already existed on my computer and ask if I wanted the old version replaced by the new version. I clicked "Yes". Subsequently I was informed the replacement could not be opened. I pulled the Icon out of the Dock thinking the old Version would still be there. Of course, it wasn't.

Is there a method whereby I can retrieve the original Version? I gather my present operating Version 10.4.11 will not accommodate this new Thunderbird Program. Technology is leaving me in the relm of vintage dust.

My computer won't accept the newer Versions of OS X. I am age 82, limited income & all that and want to stick with what I had.

What can you recommend to sort out this mess? Have I lost my Thunderbird log of emails in the process?

Thank you.

BillXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Tel: XXX-XXX-XXXX

PS. Does Thunderbird have a folder system to collect specific emails by sender? or are they all dumped into one master archive folder? I haven't been able to figure this out. Yahoo provides an easy system.

PSS. I have sent several questions to Thunderbird in the past but for some reason, received no response? I must have done something wrong. I found this question form on Safari.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

You can get that here:

http://mac.oldapps.com/thunderbird.php?system=mac_os_x_10.4_tiger_powerpc

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike,

I confess I'm confused. I'm not particularly computer savvy, unfortunately. I've read the answer but am at a loss as to what to do from here. There seems to be a list of older versions of OS X but no statement as to what to do with this information. If I am to download an earlier version I ask what exactly it does for me. I don't feel comfortable doing that. And what would be done after that?

Sorry to be a pain but my 82 year old brain doesn't cotton easily to this stuff.

You need another block in the Accept box - "Confused".
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Download the first one in the list:
Thunderbird 3.1.11
and replace the newer version you have now, the same way you did the one you have now in Applications folder.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike, What am I to do with the list of OS Xs you sent?? I'm not particularly computer savvy. My 82 year old brain doesn't handle the subject well. Xan I recover my older version of T-bird even tho I asked the program to replace it with the new version which i am only now informed is not compatible with my version OS X10.4.11. Bill
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea what you are talking about I did not send you any list of OS Xs? Click on this link and download the first item in the list that is what you need:

If you don't understand is there someone who can help you?