Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

I left my i pad at home while I was travelling for three months.

I left my i pad at home while I was travelling for three months. I have put it on charge but it appears to be dead as after 24 hours there is no sign of life. It was purchased new in October 2011. Is there anything else I can do to restore it to life? Many thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Try to perform a power reset of the iPad. Plug the iPad to PC via the USB cable, then wait 1 minute.

While it's plugged in press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button (top of iPad) and the Home button (front of iPad). Hold both buttons up to 45secs. or until the apple logo appears. Once the logo appears let go wait 1-2mins to fully startup. Keep plugged into completely charge battery.

Let me know the outcome.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done as you suggested. The i pad displayed a picture of a battery with a red band at one end and a lightning bolt below. It has now returned to blank status unless I press the home button in which case I get the same picture of a battery. Does this mean the i pad is charging?
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
That means the iPad battery is completely drained. Yes the battery icon means it's charging.

Please try the power reset again to see if the apple logo will appear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done as you sugested but only the battery appears - no apple logo.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
OK, give it a few mins try the same steps with the iPad disconnected from the USB cable.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done as you suggested. No apple logo but a sign came up that indicated the usb connection had been broken. I have now reconnected. I think that it is probably charging up and I just need to be a little patient. Do you agree?
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Yes give it some time about 20-30mins then try the reset first plugged to USB and then without USB.