CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

My iPad was broken. I purchased a replacement ipad. All of

My iPad was broken. I purchased a replacement ipad. All of my apps and most of the content reloaded from icloud. However, I cannot get online with wireless, and very few books that I had downloaded can be accessed.
Will you walk me through a solution? I am NOT computer savvy. :(
Gayle Henrie
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
on your ipad go to setting --->>> general --->>> reset --->>> reset network settings

after that log back into your ipad and go to setting ---->> wifi. it will show a list of wifi available click on your home wifi network and log in.

remember when you try to connect to another wifi, they might have security setting on there network. so you need to asked them for wifi password XXXXX you can enter in when asked.

else you cannot log into their network without their wifi password.

Customer:

I am getting a message that says Use Wi-Fi to restor A WiFi is required to download your apps and media _ Later or use Wi9Fi

Customer:

But before that it says Continue Restoring? This iPhone has not been backe up recently because it has not finished being restored Would you like to finish downloading any remaining puchases and media before backing up, or delete them along with any app data Delete Download What does that mean?

Customer:

It says Unable to join the WiFi Network even though I did have a password

CompExpert :

have you try, on your ipad go to setting --->>> general --->>> reset --->>> reset network settings

CompExpert :

after that connect to your wifi again

Customer:

yes

Customer:

OK it is doing something different now than before

CompExpert :

are you trying to restore your iphone?

Customer:

Am waiting for it to finish just a minute, OK?

CompExpert :

sure

Customer:

It is setting up but taking its time :)

CompExpert :

sure, just take your time

Customer:

sorry about this, but we are still waiting

CompExpert :

no problem

Customer:

Thank you

CompExpert :

I'll be here on standby, give me an update when done

CompExpert :

:)

Customer:

OK

CompExpert :

sound great

Customer:

I have gone through the resetting process but still cannot connect to home wifi. It is an iPad.

CompExpert :

okay

CompExpert :

do you know where you wifi router locate?

Customer:

Yes it is personal router for the household and I am the admin

CompExpert :

go over and plug it for 30 seconds and plug the power back in again.

after that connect to your wifi again with your ipad

CompExpert :

* unplug first

Customer:

'unable to connect to wifi' keeps coming up

CompExpert :

do you connect your wifi to any other devices?

Customer:

Yes

CompExpert :

on your ipad hold power and home button for 10 seconds

CompExpert :

your ipad will reboot

CompExpert :

after that try to connect to your wifi again

Customer:

Still gives the message

CompExpert :

what device right now are connected to your wifi network?

Customer:

Laptop and Home desktop

CompExpert :

plug your ipad into your computer, open itunes and select your ipad name under Devices, on the summary tab, click update

CompExpert :

see if update your ipad software

CompExpert :

will fix your wifi problem

CompExpert :

update ipad might take a while maybe 10-45 minutes depends on your computer and internet speed

CompExpert :

but give me an update after you done update and try to connect to wifi again

Customer:

I finally got connected. I went and connected to another network and it finally recognized it.

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified