Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

ipod says "ipod is disabled" is there a way of resetting?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please note this process will remove all data on your iPod.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes before attempting this:

Open iTunes

Connect the iPod to the computer

Turn off the iPod (hold down the sleep/wake button on the top) until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up.

Hold down the sleep/wake button AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click ok and continue along for the restore

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes still doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

Note: When the device first enters DFU recovery mode, the screen will be black. If you see the iTunes logo on the screen then you have gone into normal restore mode rather than DFU mode and it may not work.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did not work..will try later on home pc.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
OK take your time!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did not work had to start new account....not worth charge!!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply Brad