Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I recently purchased and ran MacKeeper software. Now I am

I recently purchased and ran MacKeeper software. Now I am trying to download ICC Profiles from a labor the west coast and I do not get the Zip file to install. I have gone back to some older profiles and tried to reload them and the same things happens. So I am assuming that when I ran MacKeeper it blocked or deleted something that I need in order to download these profiles. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Gordon
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

I do not recommend MacKeeper.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MacOS X Version 10.7.3
Processor 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB

The volume Macintosh HD appears to be OK.

Then clicked on Repair Permission
There seem to be a number of problems with the Library which have now been repaired.

Should I try to download the profile again? And how do I make sure that I don't lose you?
You can bookmark this page. Yes try again. Can you give me the website address too?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
http://www.simplycolorlab.com/

I'll lets you know if this worked.
That is where you are downloading the profile?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I click on Download Profile this is where it sends me. I do get a very quick view as the file "flies" to the upper right corner that contains the word Zip but when I do to Downloads I don't see a folder but only a file. When I open the file it says SimplyCanvas3.icm but does not contain Zip file.

http://www.simplycolorlab.com/simply-canvas-gallery-wraps.html
It is auto expanding the file, the result is the .icm file, that is what you are looking for. The zip file is probably in the trash.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did find the Zip file in the trash so I moved it to my desktop. When I tried to open it it just went back to the list of files but he Zip did not open.
It already expanded it you don't need to do it again the file is SimplyCanvas3.icm, that is the file you downloaded.

Drag it to Hard drive - Library - ColorSync - Profiles folder.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Zip file that I moved to my desktop is SimplyCanvas3.0icm.zip. My understanding is that I need toopen that file and drag the ICC profile to Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder. When I attempt to do this I get a message saying… The item “SimplyCanvas3.0.icm.zip” can’t be moved because “ColorSync” can’t be modified. Then it asks Authenticate or Cancel. Should I Authenticate?
I am trying to explain to you that the system already unzipped the file and then moved the zip file to the trash. The file called SimplyCanvas3.icm is the file you want to use not the zip file.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
BUt my understanding is that I need to move that file to the ColorSync folder and it will not move there. I get the same message as in my last email. I checked the profiles in Proof Setup and the profile is not there.
When you drag it the folder you select Authenticate and put in your admin password.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It works. Sorry I was such a bonehead on this one. I usually don't need to do it this way. One more question, should I periodically run the Utility? Should I run it if my computer seems to be slowing down? Should I delete MacKeeper? If I should delete MacKeeper is there another similar program I should be using or are the built-in applications sufficient? (OK, 4 more questions)
Running the Disk Utility every once in a while or especially after crashes is all you really need. There are other drive software options like Drive Genius. MacKeeper is worse than useless and can cause problems.