Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

My ipod Classic has started to crackle..on existing tracks

Customer Question

My ipod Classic has started to crackle..on existing tracks as well as downloads, through speakers and earphones; the battery is fully charged. Do I reset ,and how? Do i need to visit the Apple store?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Try to perform a power reset of the iPod.

Press and hold the middle button and menu button down together at the same time. Continue to hold until the iPod shuts off and the apple logo appears. Once the logo appears let go wait 1-2mins to fully startup.

Test out issue and let me know the outcome.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!