Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

i can hear people talking to me but they cant hear me .everything

i can hear people talking to me but they cant hear me .everything else is working fine
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the phone...:(

Unfortunately, this is a glitch in the software and mostly requires a replacement of the phone.

I believe you have already tried a reset by pressing and holding the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. If not, try that first.

If that does not resolve the issue, the only troubleshooting we can do is a complete restore of the phone. Open itunes in the computer and connect the phone. Your phone name will be listed to the left side of the itunes, below "devices". Just click on the iphone name and now, to the middle of the screen, select "restore".

After the restore is complete, select the option "set up as a new phone".

If this too does not resolve the issue, we need to get it replaced. You can either take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care to set up the replacement.

Hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!