Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

Hi, I have an iPhone 3, I am expected to submit some text messages

Hi, I have an iPhone 3, I am expected to submit some text messages in court soon. My 5 year old son has managed to delete, the message file. I have not plugged my phone into the computer, since this has happened. So I am desperately hoping, that there is a way to retreive them.
Really really hoping

Kind regards

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Generally if the text message is deleted, it is not recoverable. The only exception to this is if you backed up your iPhone and restore it from your previous backup. If the message was saved during the last backup then you can recover it.

To restore your iPhone back:

1. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
  2. Select the Summary tab.
  3. Select the Restore option.
  4. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up option

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!