Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I changed my password XXXXX my ipad to a long one and then forgot

Customer Question

I changed my password XXXXX my ipad to a long one and then forgot it. How do I get into my ipad to get a new password.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

What password do you mean? The password to get into the home screen of the ipad or the password for the itunes store?

Thank You
I believe the password you forget is the one to get into your ipad (to see all the icons on the home screen).

If that is the password you forgot, unfortunately, the only way to get out of it is to restore the ipad to factory settings. (If that is not the password you mean, please let me know before proceeding).

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Now, on the ipad, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

your computer will now give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the ipad now and finally select the option "set up as a new ipad".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!