Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

when I plug my ipad2 into my computer, itunes knows it is there

Customer Question

when I plug my ipad2 into my computer, itunes knows it is there but will not recognise it.
Please help. The ipad makes a continous 'plug in to charge' sound.

Richard Drake
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Have you tried different USB Cable ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ye I have
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.

You can reset your iPad and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPad will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after we solved the problem

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found that it was the update of iTunes which was causing the problem. I re-installed the working version.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I'm glad you sorted it out !