Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

my son (aged 2) has deleted safari and mail from my user on

my son (aged 2) has deleted safari and mail from my user on my mac. My wife still has her copies on her user. Is there any way I retrieve them or set them up again?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had not responded because I was waiting to receive the promised email confirming that my instruction query had been accepted.

As to your question, in system preferences, under system: startup disk, it shows Mac OS X 10.6.8. Is this the answer you require?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Thank You. Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I have looked amoung my retained systems disks - not there. I think the machine, purchased in 2010 from PC world, came without systems disks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If your Wifi is using same 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, then you can copy the Mail and Safari from her Mac to yours. On your Wife's Mac, goto Applications folder and copy the Mail and Safari to a external hard drive/flash drive. Then connect it to your Mac and copy it to your Applications folder.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife does not have a separate mac. She is a separate user on my mac. How do I copy from her user to mine?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
There is only one Mail and Safari for all users in a Mac. Does she can still access Mail and Safari from her account ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Then they are still there, on your Mac. In your Mac, open Macintosh HD and open Applications folder. You can find the Safari and Mail in there. Click and drag them to your dock (toolbar in the bottom).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - there were not in applications in finder. However in my wife's user i searched through finder and found each one, which I then copied to applications and then was able to access in applciations from my user. So thanks for the thought and I am back up and running. Acknowledge this and I will then click accept
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad you found them...Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day,

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc