Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  OSX certified, many years experience supporting Apple Hardware & Software
65126503

I recently did a clean install of the operating system to solve

I recently did a clean install of the operating system to solve some problems with he internet. Those problems ere solved but I now have a quirk in iCal that no one at the Apple store seems to be able to solve. I cannot make changes to events. When I move an event it will move back within about 15 seconds. Sometimes it will add a duplicate event at the old time. At the genius bar we removed the preferences, we made sure that Mobile Me was off. It is as if there is another calendar somewhere that iCal keeps syncing to but I do not have anything like that set up. I tried exporting the events, deleting the folders, and reinstalling the events. The folders also came back after being deleted. Anyone have have a possible solution?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 4 years ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue - can you let me know the version of OSX installed ?

Customer:

10.6.8

Steve Herrod :

thank you - can you let me know what calendars you have setup in iCal (any Exchange account, iCloud etc)?

Customer:

Evrything is set up on the Macbook. I do sync it to an iPhone.

Steve Herrod :

ok - so what account are you using (@gmail for example)?

Customer:

My internet is at&t. the phone is verizon.

Steve Herrod :

thanks - when the operating system was reinstalled was the hard drive wiped beforehand or was is just reinstalled over the old version?

Customer:

I believe it was wipoed . we reinstalled the data from a backup.

Customer:

Actually I am not sure about that.

Steve Herrod :

that's ok - just trying to work out where the issue might be

Steve Herrod :

are you ok if I do some research and try and reproduce the issue here and come back to you later?

Customer:

sure. My access to the internet may be limited today untill this evening.

Steve Herrod :

that's ok - I'll do some work on this and send updates etc so just respond when you can

Steve Herrod :

am working all day/evening as well

Customer:

Thanks.

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

is the issue only linked to changing the time of an event? For example if you delete an event does it stay deleted or also return?

Steve Herrod :

Are you able to try these steps below?

Steve Herrod :

Go into iSync, (Macintosh HD, applications), then go to Preferences. Turn off iSync (uncheck enable syncing on this computer). Then Reset Sync History (be sure to push Reset Sync History on second screen too.

Steve Herrod :

Restart the Mac after this and see what effect that has on the calendar

Customer: That seems g
Customer: That seems to have worked. Do I need to have iSync on to sync with the iPhone?
Steve Herrod :

Am glad it works

Steve Herrod :

apologies for the delay, but the notification has only just come through for some reason

Steve Herrod :

you don't need to have iSync on to sync with the iPhone

Steve Herrod :

it's a maddening iCal issue

Steve Herrod :

:)

Steve Herrod :

let me know if there is anything else you need at all

Steve Herrod :

and if you are happy with the service please Accept the answer