Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac -- Lost my emails/contacts

Customer Question

Hi, I was in a bit of a crazy "Cleaning" mode late last night, and i went into my MacBook Pro's Search For "Today" site, and cleared it all to the Trash Can. Including my Microsoft Entourage program, complete with its Database etc. Computer asked me to enter my administrator password....which i foolishly did .... then it proceeded to move all of the TODAY'S HISTORY into the trash. This morning when I went to try and Open Entourage, a pop up window said, Some of the files may have been moved, as they were not in their original location, and I should move them back into their original location, and then....I think it said..... re-install Entourage. I just thought it must be some error....so i just went ahead and opened up Entourage...only to find that there were NO EMAILS in the program...So ALL of the data was somehow divorced from the program. I took it to an IT person today. He restored my Entourage....from a previously back-up version.....but that was months ago...and I am missing some very important data from the past few weeks/months that I hope is still somewhere on my computer. But I really don't know where to start .... or if i even have the data anymore .... or if somehow its gone .... or permanently corrupted? HELP.  
The IT person today basically did a some kind of a scan of The Main Identity....to find out if data could be restored, So he also ran a scan and repair function ..sorry, don't know the technical name ... but still don't have the emails from the past few weeks/months ... just the older stuff that was archived. 

I also downloaded from my ISP the most recent emails ..... but again, some of those had already been deleted from the ISP by myself.....and so there still remains a big gap in the data that i have, and that which I had before this whole mess.

I am using Entourage, as part of Office 2004 for Mac.  I am on a MacBook Pro, using OS X Version 10.6.8

Thank you for your time, and expertise.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still waiting for an answer. So any assistance you can provide to expedite this, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Henry

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help!!

Question, and a very important question. Have you emptied the trash on your mac since you moved those files to the trash? ( you see, if we only moved them to the trash but didnt empty it, the files are not lost!)

If you havent emptied the trash do not do so now!!

Send me a reply when you can..

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Sorry but I couldn't wait any longer, so I have taken my computer to an IT data recovery specialist. So I won't be needing your services.

Thank you.

Best,
Henry