Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

my grandsons ipod is locked up because he put in a passcde

my grandsons ipod is locked up because he put in a passcde and then forgot it the screen says ipod is disabled connect to itunes but when we try itunes says it cannot connect untill passcode is put in what do we do
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Sorry to hear that the ipod is locked...:(

I believe it is an ipod touch, isn't it?

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it, is to restore the ipod to factory settings.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipod. Now, on the ipod, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

your computer will now give a message that it has detected an ipod in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the ipod now and finally select the option "set up as a new ipod".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!