Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

On e-mails, etc.: How do I stop some of my words in English

On e-mails, etc.: How do I stop some of my words in English being transformes into Spanish?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Are you using Apple Mail? Stamp icon on the dock

Or another email program

What OS are you running? ie. 10.5.6 or 10.7.2

If you click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10.7.3

Safari
Yahoo Mail
But it happens on Facebook, too.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any extensions installed?

Click on Safari top left and choose preferences

Click on Extensions. What does it say there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The one extensión is LastPass. Note that "extensión" was changed to Spanish.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Open Safari

At the top, Click on Edit and Spelling and Grammar and Show Spelling and Grammar

At the botXXXXX XXXXXe it from Espanol to US English

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was no option for English and Spanish. However, there was an option to correct spelling while typing, and I disabled that. It seems to have worked. Thanks.