Sergio A.
Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.
45006406

I have changed e-mails form mail to gmail. I have asked comcast

I have changed e-mails form mail to gmail. I have asked comcast to drop my old account. M wife still has an e mail account with comcast. When we are trying to share a document with Pages or Numbers it keeps sending us back to my old e-mail account. can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Sergio A. :

Hi, my name is Sergio. Thanks for allowing me to help you. Can you log into Comcast with your old account?

Customer:

I can get there with my wife's acount

Sergio A. :

Can you try your old account? I want to verify that your old account is in fact deleted

Customer:

OK

Customer:

I have Mail open but my name is XXXXX XXXXX

Sergio A. :

OK, it sounds like we need to remove the account from Mail. Have you attempted to do this yet?

Customer:

Yes

Sergio A. :

So you do not see the account when you go into Mail settings?

Customer:

I can see my name but it is followed by one of those little sidways z symbols

Sergio A. :

do you need access to anything in this account?

Sergio A. :

If not then we should delete it

Customer:

no

Sergio A. :

OK, do this: From the home screen, click settings. Click Mail. Click the account. Click "Delete Account" at the bottom. Done.

Customer:

Where and what program should I be looking at

Sergio A. :

Are you not using Mac Mail?

Sergio A. :

sorry, I should have asked this before

Customer:

I using Mail it could be a comcast thing

Sergio A. :

OK, what I want to see if we can do is delete all traces of your old comcast account from Mail

Customer:

OK but remember my wife still has an account there

Sergio A. :

Yes, you should see her account as well. You only want to remove yours

Customer:

OK lets do it

Sergio A. :

OK, so go into Mail, locate Account Settings and then click on your account and select Delete Account

Sergio A. :

You may have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the window to locate the delete option

Customer:

Delete is not hilited for use

Sergio A. :

did you click on your account first?

Sergio A. :

How are you making out?

Customer:

Sorry I lost your screen

Sergio A. :

How far did you get?

Customer:

I didn"t

Sergio A. :

Try these instructions. Open Apple Mail, click on Mail menu and select Preferences. In Preferences, click on Account pane. Select your Comcast account from the list and click the - button in the bottom left. That should delete the account from your Apple Mail and this will also delete all of your Mail from your Mac.

Customer:

It is asking me for a password XXXXX a closed account that I haven't used for over a yearr

Sergio A. :

hmm, you are getting that at which stage of the instructions?

Customer:

after I hit the - sign

Sergio A. :

stand by

Customer:

ok

Sergio A. :

Let's try and start over. Close Mail and then restart the process. You should not be prompted for a password

Customer:

It did not ask for a password XXXXX rihard is gone

Customer:

This might have worked let me try it out

Sergio A. :

OK

Customer:

everything is working bless you.

Sergio A. :

Excellent. Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Customer:

no thank you

Sergio A. :

Thank you for working with me. Please bookmark my profile for all your future technology needs.

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-sergioa/

Thanks Again!

Sergio

Sergio A. :

Be sure to click the Accept button before you go. Thanks

Sergio A., Mac Specialist
Experience: Over 10 years experience configuring and repairing Mac's.