Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

Hi - Ive just updated my 4gs to iOS5 and have lost my ringtones.

Customer Question

Hi - I've just updated my 4gs to iOS5 and have 'lost' my ringtones. iTunes 'says' that they are still on my computer and still on my phone, however I cannot see them in SETTINGS>>SOUNDS. Is there a fix or workaround out there or is this just another bug?? I have just updated my phone to iOS 5 and have everything working except that my ringtones do not appear on my phone. They say they are there in iTunes on my phone, however, when I go to my phone they do not show up. I tried several times to uncheck sync ring tones, and then recheck it and then sync. But I still do not have them showing up on the phone. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Connect your iphone to itunes then right click on the iphone icon. The list that appears will ahve a option that says restore from back up. Select this and select your most recent back up. After it finishes check to see if you ringtones work.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This erased everything. Now I have to start all over again. And, still my ringtones do not show up!
This restores information from when your iphone was working correctly you can always restore back to what you had before doing this just repeat. Were the ringtones purchased or did make them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The ringtones were downloaded from the internet.