Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

having problems with airport express.The computer talks to

Customer Question

having problems with airport express.The computer talks to airport when I reset it.The airport flashes green and amber when I identity it on utility.When I do setup it tells me everything was successful but airport express keeps blinking amber
I am using mac osx

Please help before I loose my mind
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Do the steps below to factory restore your airport express.

• Unplug the AirPort express from power.
  • Press and hold the reset button with a pen or pencil, then plug the AirPort back in while continuing to hold the button until you see the light (LED) flash rapidly. This should happen after a few seconds.
  • Release the button. This will factory default reset the AirPort express.

• Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    I have done that at least six times today
    ok what error does airport utility report after you do the setup?
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    none

Can you take a screen shot of airport utility with manual setup selected?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    /Users/seamuswhyte/Desktop/Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 5.43.38 PM.png

If you could click on the paperclip on icon in the text box in this page. That will give you the option to add an image. Or you can go to wikisend.com and send me a link to it.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.
    /Users/seamuswhyte/Desktop/Screen shot.jpg

Can you see an image above. I can not see a paperclip icon in the text box