Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How can i track my lost iphone 4? I dont have icloud or mobile

Customer Question

How can i track my lost iphone 4? I dont have icloud or mobile me
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Thank you for the question. The only other way to track a lost iPhone 4 if you did not have "Find my iPhone" enabled is if you had other tracking software installed and still running on the phone. For example, Google Latitude and Find my Friends by Apple allow you to track where someone is. The reason it cannot be tracked otherwise is to protect your privacy when the phone is not lost and you have opted to not enable the tracking services. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is not helpful... I was reading online that if you have an ipad or similar device you can install the find my iphone app and login to your itunes store and find it... Its just I only have a macbook air with the older operating system.
I understand the answer does not assist in locating your phone, however it is the only correct answer I can provide. If you had an iPad or another iOS device, you could sign in with your Apple ID to locate all devices that have "Find my iPhone" enabled. For example, when I log in with my account, I can locate my Mac as well as my iPhone, but both devices have the tracking software enabled. If I disable the software on my iPhone, it does not show up when I log in from my Mac to see my devices, and the same applies if it was never enabled to begin with.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Unless the iPhone had Find my iPhone installed on it before hand or you upgraded to iCloud then you cannot find your phone. It has to be installed BEFORE you lose the phone.

You can check to see if maybe you do have it installed by clicking here ---> https://www.icloud.com/

Sign into your account and then using the Find my iPhone feature if available

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
please just dont charge me
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Please read my answer -

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
(Edited by Moderator)