Mac Tech
Mac Tech, Apple Specialist
Experience:  7 + Years Supporting Apple Products
30013869

I have a MacBook pro. downloaded a video and things went crazy.

I have a MacBook pro. downloaded a video and things went crazy. now I have the beach ball for 30 min. force quit screen is on with about 7 apps but nothing is live. the relaunch button is muted.
option command esc does nothing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Power off your MacBook Pro by depressing the power button until the screen goes dark.

Next - Power on your MacBook Pro while holding down the LEFT Shift key. You will see a progress bar while your Mac boots into Safe Mode. Once you see the desktop re-start your Mac.

Let me know if this does not fix it.

Thank you,

MT

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!