Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

my ipod says disabled connect to iTunes, iTunes says could

Customer Question

my ipod says disabled connect to iTunes, iTunes says could not connect because ipod is locked with a passcode, enter the passcode then reconnect...I can't because the ipod is disabled....i am in a loop - any suggestions.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Which iPod do you have? Is it the iTouch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

an itouch

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
The only option you have is to restore the iTouch to factory settings to remove the pass-code. Please follow the instructions below carefully.

To do so it will need to be put into DFU mode. Then you will need to restore the iTouch through iTunes.

Open iTunes and connect the iTouch to your PC.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button(top of iTouch) at the same time.

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iTouch in recovery mode.

You should receive a message in iTunes that your device is in recovery mode.

The iTouch screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iTouch into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Once in the DFU mode click on Restore in "iTunes" to restore the iTouch. You can then sync your iTouch to iTunes to restore your media.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, I have tried until my fingers are raw...shoul the itouch be on or off when i start holding the buttons? the apple comes up immediately when it is off. when it is on, the itouch just tries to shut down.

help

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
The iPod should be on. As stated continue to hold both buttons even beyond the shut down screen appears.

It will shut off and turn on.

Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iTouch in recovery mode.