Steve, Mac Help Specialist
Experience:  Support and training for Mac users since 1991.

Is there something going on with the iTunes store. I can not

Customer Question

Is there something going on with the iTunes store. I can not connect to apps for update or to buy new ones. Tried on computer, iPhone4s, and iPad2. Message says it can not contact the store. My connection to everything else is fine.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Steve :

Hi, I'm here to help with your Mac questions. Computer problems usually take some trouble-shooting. I'll keep working until you are satisfied.

Steve :

Let me check into this...just a moment.

Steve :

I just checked and while it was slow, it did connect. There are sometimes hiccups on the net or in relation to a particular site. Sometimes just for certain geographic areas. Give it a few minutes or an hour and try again.

thank you. I hope that is all that is going on. When I couldn't get any of my products to work, I thought the store must be down but seemed to be able to get everything but the apps so wasn't sure where the problem was. I have been trying for at least 2 hours.

Steve :

2 hours is a long time. If it was just one device I would say that the problem was with that but since you have tried computer, ipad and iphone it is definitely in your Internet connection or iTunes' connection in your area.

If it doesn't go away soon you should turn on/off your connection hardware (router, airport whatever you have). It seems unlikely that it would be preventing just a particular service but I've seen stranger things ;-)

Ok, thank you for your help Steve. How much do I owe you?

Steve :

If you accept the answer it will charge you what you agreed to at the beginning. I don't actually see those numbers. Thanks!

you got it, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Steve, I wanted to let you know that I restarted my router and it did not solve the problem. I also went to troubleshooting and tried everything they suggested, including the advanced troubleshooting, to no avale. Nothing has worked. I tried purchasing an album from iTunes as well as undating my apps. I get the same message..."iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. The network connection was reset.Make sure your network connection is active and try again." I went to my secured bank site as troubleshooting suggested, no problem there or anywhere other than iTunes. Can you please suggest something else I can do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Assuming the problem is still there today... and you have tried all these things at the troubleshooting page:

Then the last item on the list is calling your Internet provider:
"If the issue still persists, contact your internet service provider and confirm that the ports and servers in this article are enabled over your network."

"this article" is here:

Make sure they know that you have tried the Internet connection and the 3G connection on the iPhone. Perhaps there is some glitch in your area that they know about.

There is nothing else I can do from this end. It has to be either your Internet provider or the services that it uses to connect you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I resolved the problem by shutting down and unplugging every piece of electronic hardware connected to the Internet connection, then re-starting. Believe me, it was lots of equipment , but it worked. So, I was able to solve my own problem without calling my service provider but thank you all the same, you tried. I have excepted your answer and thanks again.