Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

I have a iphone 3gs and I forgot my passowrd and now my iphone

Customer Question

I have a iphone 3gs and I forgot my passowrd and now my iphone is disabled. It says iphone is disabled connect to itunes and when i did that that it said that it cant connect to "Luis Perez" iphone. Must remove passcode in order to connect ti itunes. What do I do? All my info is on this phone.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it, is to restore the iphone to factory settings.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Now, on the iphone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

your computer will now give a message that it has detected an iphone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the iphone now and finally select the option "set up as a new iphone".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT WONT LET ME CONNECT THE IPHONE AT ALL. I WOULD IF I COULD. HOW DO I CONNECT TO MY PHONE WITHOUT PASSCODE CUZ I CAN UNDO MY PASSCODE AT ALL CUZ MY IPHONE IS LOCKED.

I understand your concern. But the only way out is a restore. Trust me, if you do the following steps exactly, the iphone can be restored