CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

Can you retrieve deleted text messages from an iphone 4?

Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
unfortunately, after you deleted text on your phone, there no way to recovery it. there are no software available right now to recovery data from iphone.

only pc or mac computer have data recovery software.

CompExpert :

hope that answer your question

Customer:

I have a mac computer where my itunes account is set up. Will that not help?

CompExpert :

did the deletion happen before or after you sync with itunes?

Customer:

I haven't sync my iphone to itunes in days and the deletion happened last night.

CompExpert :

i mean the text messages you want to recovery. was it still there when the last time you sync.

CompExpert :

if the message you want to recovery still on your iphone when last time you sync

CompExpert :

then you can restore it from itunes backup

Customer:

The message was received and deleted last night. Therefore I can retrieve it since I haven't synced my phone since last week. So I do I recover it from itunes?

CompExpert :

if just received and deleted last night then unfortunately, you cannot recovery it from itunes since it was never back up on itunes

Customer:

Can I not back it up now? would it not be some where on that phone.

CompExpert :

no, after you delete on iphone it gone for good. No software available right now including itunes can get it back

CompExpert :

i heard many customer talked about Irecovery iphone spy stick

CompExpert :

but is cost about $169

CompExpert :

i heard they talked about it, but none seem to give me a complete answer if they successfully recovery it

CompExpert :

http://www.spygeargadgets.com/iphone-recovery-spy-stick-recover-deleted-data-text-messages-phone-calls.html

CompExpert :

if the text really that important to you to used $169

CompExpert :

then give it a try

CompExpert :

remember this only work for pc not on mac computer

CompExpert :

thats the downside of this irecovery iphone spy stick

CompExpert :

so it all depends on you.

CompExpert :

let me know if you have anymore question.

if not please click accept. thank you

Customer:

so let me see, if I would have synced my phone last night and did a back up before the text was deleted than I could have been able to restore the info. Since it wasn't backed up it is non recoverable?

CompExpert :

yes, message have to be backup with itunes first, then you can restore from backup

CompExpert :

if it never back up, then is non recoverable

Customer:

ok thank you

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified