DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications

iPhone fell in water. It is stuck in recovery mode and it will

Customer Question

iPhone fell in water. It is stuck in recovery mode and it will not hold charge, it will not get power from any USB port only a wall charger, thus can't be recovered. When connected to a wall charger the apple logo shows up, then the connect to itunes screen. Any attempt to unlock via slider results in a flash of the lock screen followed by a shut down then back to the apple logo.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
50/50 change, try to dry it out and let the battery drain out for couple of days. then recharge it and turn it on. after that plug in and do recovery.

if that doesnt workout, then you need to get replacement.

i do heard some successful stories from customer after let battery drained and dry it out

CompExpert :

hope that answer your question.

Customer :

it's been in a bag of rice for a few days, it's as dry as it gets

Customer :

Hi

Customer :

This is the usual story, no proper backup and need what's on there before replacing it.

CompExpert :

there no software to recovery data on apple device. you have to bring to recovery data center

CompExpert :

which cost 500-5000

Customer :

does IMEI: unknown ICCD: unknown mean anything?

CompExpert :

IMEI is the serial number for your phone. the number that phone provider know which phone to activate

CompExpert :

look like is damage

Customer :

any other suggestions?

CompExpert :

how important is your data? does it equal to 500-5000 dollars

CompExpert :

if the answer is yes

CompExpert :

then you need to bring it to a recovery data center

CompExpert :

if not, I think you should called your phone provider and order a replacement

CompExpert :

or you can sell your phone on ebay for parts

CompExpert :

people buy anything on ebay

Customer :

ok thanks

CompExpert :

please click accept. thank you and have a great day

Customer :

accept what? you didn't solve anything, or tell me anything i did not already know.

CompExpert :

then you can manual close this ticket or email customer support to close it

Customer :

thanks again

CompExpert :

you're welcome

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The problem was not solved.
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do really. Apple can replace the product for you even though its liquid damaged. Depending upon your model the fee varies. I believe the 3G and 3Gs is about $99 or $149 along with an iPhone 4. iPhone 4S is $200. Even though it may have a warranty left liquid damage is not covered. If you do not live by an apple store you can process the replacement online. I was an Apple employee so I know this information is infact true. Here is a link you can follow to go over your repair options.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty