DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications

Deleted over a years worth of iCal info when I attempted to

Deleted over a years worth of iCal info when I attempted to update my MobileMe account in system preferences. Anyway to restore my lost calendars?
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 4 years ago.
Have you ever performed a time machine back up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. Part of the reason I was working on this tonight is because I have not been able to sync my Mac iCal with my iCloud & iPhone calendars for some time.
Can you tell me what OSX version you are running?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok navigate to this folder /Users/Your User Name/Library/Calendars

Open finder click on your little house on the left side of the page. Then choose Library, then calendars. Is there an icon that looks similar to the iCal icon?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont see it, but here is a list of what is there

Calendar Cache
Calendar Cache~
Calendar Sync Changes
At this point unless you have an older back up of your iPhone with the calendar information and restore that back up and sync you may not get that data again. Did this wipe happen when you converted to iCloud?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I never actually succeeded in "converting" my iCal to iCloud. Anytime I would try to Sync my Mac with MobileMe/iCloud, it would say this computer isn't registered. I would click on Register and it would just spin infinitely. For months I've just been loading events onto my Macbook iCal offline essentially. So my thought tonight was to re-enter my MobileMe account info on the iCal application on my macbook. When I deleted the account, it deleted all of my old and upcoming info along with it. Shoulda known.
Have you signed onto to see if they have been removed form there as well?
Unfortunately Ive had to have this uncomfortable conversation with customers daily. Mobile Me is very unreliable. I can assue you that iCloud is a million times better and you can feel secure knowing data is backed up. I advise if you are in the postion to do so, get a external HDD and start doing your Time Machine Back ups. You can get a cheap HDD form best buy on sale usually.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do. So how might I sync what I do have on my iPhone over to my Mac?
1.First do a back up of your iPhone of course.

2.Navigate to the "Info" tab on the top of the iPhone sync window

3.Click Sync iCal Calendars, then Apply then sync

Silly me I forgot to respond with the correct action to the post prior. If I have helped solve your issue or assisted in a way thats satisfactory please choose Accept :D